The Sixth Form College, Colchester, Job Vacancies
Data Input Clerk
Part Time 26 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary of £12,191.89 per annum (pro rata of £17,350.00)
The Database Office is a busy environment dealing with a large volume of information which has to be processed promptly and accurately in order that statistical information can be extracted at any given time. The current team is headed up by the Database Manager who reports to the Assistant Principal, with responsibility for management information systems (MIS). The team is responsible for overseeing the student enrolment process, and the initial input of information on new students enrolled at College and then for updating and maintaining the database throughout the year.
Ideally the 26 hours each week will be worked over five days but the actual timings are negotiable within the normal college day - 8.30 to 5.00. You will be expected to be flexible and work longer hours than normal during the enrolment period at the end of August each year to enable us to accurately process the data of more than 3,000 students in a timely manner.
The person appointed will not only need to be able to work on their own initiative for much of the time, but also to work as part of a team when large tasks are undertaken which have tight deadlines and can be very challenging. They will need to quickly familiarise themselves with the College administrative structures and database systems which are important to the smooth running of the College.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and competency in the use of Microsoft Office 2010. The Database department also uses the Unit E package, on which training will be given as necessary. Previous database experience is desirable.
This post is permanent and the suitable applicant will take up post from 20th April 2020.
Purpose of the Post
Working under direction of the Assistant Principal responsible for MIS and the Database Manager update and maintain the student database records, and to assist with the student enrolment process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To accurately input and update student information and course changes on the College database and MIS systems.
- Assist with collection of attendance data and records as directed and to enter/update on College systems.
- Collect, check and file forms as directed.
- Deal with telephone enquiries as necessary.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management, commensurate with the post.
- The above are the main areas of responsibility and are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all administrative duties that are seen as part of the post
- The purpose of the job description is to indicate the general level of duties and responsibility of the post. The detailed duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character or level of responsibility entailed
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice.
- Administrative staff at the college, whilst allocated a primary location may be required to move to work in a different department to assist in the smooth running of the administrative functions of the College.
- The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
- The post holder is required to work in accordance with both organisational and personal responsibilities for data protection as outlined in College policy documents.
- IT competent, proficient in the use of Microsoft applications or similar packages including word-processing and spread sheets with the ability to pick up new packages quickly.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills
- Organised and efficient with the ability to follow instruction accurately and also be able to work independently.
- A meticulous approach to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Good administration and clerical skills.
- Previous data input experience
- Knowledge of Unit-e package
To apply a College application form (please see link at top left of this page) must be completed and submitted to email@example.com or by post to the address below (unaccompanied CV’s or third party application forms will not be accepted). Please note that our interview process will require that you attend the College in person as we do not offer a remote interview process.
Human Resources Department
The Sixth Form College, Colchester
Essex CO1 1SN
Closing Date: 12 noon Thursday 27th February 2020