The Sixth Form College, Colchester, Job Vacancies
Department: Examinations Department Title: Examinations Invigilator
Responsible to: Examinations Officer Rate of Pay: £8.21 per hour
The ideal applicants will be flexible, have effective verbal and written communication skills, be confident and offer a reassuring presence to candidates in exam rooms. Training will be provided and you should be available to attend the training session on the morning of 18th March 2020.
It is expected that the successful applicants will be offered invigilation hours for the May/June 2020 examinations period and subsequent November and January exams series so availability to work at these times and flexibility with regards to hours of work are essential. Any offer of work will be on a casual basis. This means that the College is under no obligation to offer hours of work and there is no obligation for an offer to be accepted. Due to the nature of invigilation the need for/availability of hours is assessed annually and the College is under no obligation to offer hours of work on an ongoing or future basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
To conduct examinations in accordance with JCQ, awarding body and The Sixth Form College, Colchester instructions.
Main Duties Include:
- To report to the Exams Officer prior to each exam session
- To keep exam papers and materials secure at all times
- To ensure exam rooms are set out to standard
- To admit candidates into exam rooms
- To identify, seat, and instruct candidates in the conduct of their exams
- To distribute exam papers and materials to candidates
- To deal with candidate queries
- To supervise candidates at all times and be vigilant throughout exams
- To keep disruption to a minimum
- To deal with emergencies or irregularities effectively
- To record/report any irregularities
- To deal with candidate queries
- To collect exam scripts
- To dismiss candidates from the exam room
- To return exam scripts and other materials to the exams officer
- To attend compulsory training, refresher or review sessions as required
- To undertake, where required and where able, other duties requested by the exams officer, e.g. supervision of clash candidates between exam periods and other Exams related administrative tasks.
- The above are the main areas of responsibility and are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties which are seen as part of the role
- The purpose of the job description is to indicate the general level of duties and responsibility of the role. The detailed duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character or level of responsibility entailed
- All duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and good practice.
- This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
To apply for this post, a College Application Form must be completed (unaccompanied CV’s and third-party application forms will not be accepted). Once completed, application forms should be submitted, ideally by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or if sent by mail please address to:
Human Resources Department
The Sixth Form College, Colchester
Essex CO1 1SN
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 24th February 2020
Interviews will take place during the afternoon of 11th March 2020