Moving from school to college often involves a change in financial costs; as you enrol at the college you will have to consider the following –
- TRAVEL The majority of our students travel to college on public transport. Please see the student travel Information page for more details
- WISEPAY - Many payments in college are now made via the wisepay system. This enables the student to use their student card to pay for food onsite, as well as make other payments such as their locker key deposit or learning resource contribution (see infobox on this page for further details).
- FOOD - Please note that neither of our refectories take cash. Students can used the normal range of bank debit cards or parents, or students, can add funds to the student WisePay account, which can then only be used in the on-site college refectories.
- FINANCIAL AWARDS The college receives funding from the government to support students from families on low income receiving a means tested benefit. If eligible, the college can give students an award to contribute to specific costs including travel and food whilst at college. Criteria and application forms can be found under the heading of 'Bursary Award' in the document box on this page. Please note that a higher level bursary is also available for those students who are living independently, as in not living with parents or carers (see document box). Second year or returning students should normally submit their form by 31st August 2022 and new students by 30th September 2022
- LEARNING RESOURCE CONTRIBUTION At enrolment, students are asked to make a one-off contribution of £65 to cover I.T. and other learning resources, accident insurance and a contribution to the college fund. £25 is refundable at the end of your time at college if all resources have been returned in good condition.
- LOCKERS These are allocated on a first come first served basis. We try to accommodate all students that request a locker, but it is not always possible. There is a charge of £10 which covers all the years students are at college. Arrangements regarding lockers are made during the enrolment process
- CHILDCARE SUPPORT Some students may have dependant children and be eligible for financial support towards their childcare. If this is your situation please look at the government Care to Learn scheme www.direct.gov.uk/caretolearn
If you have any queries please email email@example.com