We are pleased to invite you to our Open Evenings on October 20th and 21st 2021
These events are for students wishing to join us in Sept 2022.
The activities run from 6.15-9.15 PM and you are welcome to attend at any time during the evening.
The event gives you the opportunity to find out about the courses, opportunities and support available to students, alongside details of our application procedures. Students and their parents/carers can tour the College, visit departments and talk to teaching staff and students.
As with all our other aspects of our work, we have made adjustments to our plans in the context of government guidelines regarding the difficulties everyone continues to face with the Covid-19 pandemic; for this reason there will be less emphasis upon large, seated presentations and visitors will be able to move around the site, deciding to visit particular departments wherever they are comfortable to do so.
We would be grateful if all visitors would observe the following guidance:
- Please ensure that you take a lateral flow test before you visit
- Do not enter the site if you are feeling at all unwell
- Please wear a mask (spare masks are available from reception) and use the hand sanitiser provided
- If possible, please restrict visitor group sizes by arranging for other family members (eg brothers and sisters) to stay at home
- Please do not feel the need to arrive at exactly 6.15. The site is open until 9.15
- Please observe social distancing and move on to other areas if one is full
- We’d be grateful if all visitors could pay careful attention to guidance from staff as they work to keep guests moving around the site comfortably; they may, for example, direct visitors to an alternative subject area if one particular area is full
We hope that the open evening provides you with a good opportunity to view our site and facilities and meet some of our staff and students. Please do also be aware that a huge range of extra material can be found online, including videos made by staff and by students for each subject area. You can also gain a good overview of wider college life by searching for ‘colchsfc’ on Instagram.
Thank you for your support. We hope that you have a pleasant evening.
If there are significant changes to government guidance regarding such events, we advertise these on our website and we would recommend that visitors check for updates before setting out.
Booking is not necessary.
Please check this website nearer to this event for further updates.
We regret that, given the numbers expected to attend events, there is no parking available on site, except for blue badge holders which will need to be booked in advance via the Admissions Department. Please see Colchester Borough Council's Map of Car Parks for details of parking facilities near to the College. Please also check the closing times of your preferred car park as some of them may close early. Visitors with mobility difficulties should contact the Admissions Office on 01206 500743 or 01206 505595 for advice on parking and access.
For full details of the College's application process please navigate to How to Apply for an easy to follow step-by-step guide.